Good candidates would have a good understanding of:
- Tech Support. (filled) We are looking for someone with
good customer relations skills to handle front-line phone support for
domain registration and webhosting clients, as well as handling
occasional in-the-office questions and payments.
- Basic IP network connectivity, DNS, ping, traceroute.
- Basic webhosting and webserving. File uploads, logs, status
codes (404, 403, 401, 200 etc...).
- Basic e-mail services, SMTP, POP.
- Domain registration basics, DNS servers, whois.
- .CA domain registrations, registRANTs.
- Linux command line, e.g. tools for finding information
like tail, egrep, sed, cut.
Other usefull skills include UNIX/Linux programming and system administration,
Join a small company with a technical focus and a reputation for doing the
job right, from both the technical and customer viewpoints. In short, join the
"Friendly, Competent Sysadmins" at BareMetal.
Please send text or pdf resume to: