Return CGI Library
Return CGI-Wrap Documentation Contents
CGIWrap - User Instructions
The following are instructions for setting up your account to be able to
use cgiwrap to execute cgi scripts. It is assumed that you are familiar
with writing CGI scripts and writing HTML documents for the WWW.
In the following instructions, the following information is assumed:
- UserID: joe
- Home Directory: /users/joe
- CGI Directory: /users/joe/public_html/cgi-bin
- Name of Script: script.pl
- Web Server: www.domain.com
If you do not already have a cgi-bin directory set up, create one:
- cd ~joe
- mkdir public_html
- mkdir public_html/cgi-bin
If you are using AFS, you will need to set the AFS permissions on the directories.
See Use of CGIwrap with AFS for details on the necessary permissions.
Install the script into the cgi-bin directory, and set the proper execution permissions on the file.
- cp script.pl ~joe/public_html/cgi-bin/script.pl
- chmod 755 ~joe/public_html/cgi-bin/script.pl
The script is executed using the following URL:
If you wish to see debugging output for your CGI, specify cgiwrapd
instead of cgiwrap, as in the following URL:
If the script is an nph- style script, you will need to run
it using the following URL's: